Why does my Hayfever start in March?
Our online pharmacy is often asked this question. If your hayfever symptoms start in March, it is most likely because you are affected by tree pollen. Pollen can’t be avoided completely, but a few simple steps can help reduce exposure:
- Stay indoors as much as possible during the pollen peaks – early morning and late afternoon
- Keep windows and doors shut, including when driving
- Avoid large grassy areas like parks
- Wear wrap-around sunglasses outside
- Have a shower and wash your hair if you’ve been outside
- Wash your hands after gardening
- Use air filters at home and in the car
Other tips to help avoid factors that can make symptoms worse:
- Give up smoking and avoid smoky atmospheres
- Avoid strong perfumes
The key to keeping symptoms under control, without having to change your lifestyle too much, is effective treatment.