- Nurofen for Children is a strawberry flavoured oral Ibuprofen suspension intended for use in babies and children aged 3 months to 9 years.
Nurofen for Children can provide fast relief from the symptoms of:
- High temprature
- Post-immunisation fever
- Teething pain/ toothache
- Minor aches
- Cold & flu symptoms
- Sore throat
How to use:
- Please read the enclosed leaflet before use.
- Dosage: For oral use.
Fever caused by post immunisation:
- Babies aged 3 months and over, weighing more than 5kg: 2.5 mL. If necessary, after 6 hours, give a second 2.5mL dose.
Do not give more than 2 doses in 24hours, if the fever is not reduced or worsen, consult your G.P.
Fever, pain & symptoms of cold & flu:
- Children aged 3-6 months weighing more than 5kg: one 2.5mL up to 3 times in 24 hours.
Do not use for more than 24 hours, if the symtoms persist or worsen after 24hours, consult your G.P.
- Children aged 6-12 months: 2.5mL up to 3 or 4 times in 24 hours.
- Children aged 1-3 years: 5mL up to 3 times in 24 hours.
- Children aged between 4-6 years: one 7.5mL (5mL + 2.5mL) dose 3 times in 24hours.
- Children aged between 7-9 years: One 10mL (5mL + 5mL) dose up to 3 times in 24 hours,
Doses should be given 6-8 hours. Leave at least 4 hours between each dose.
Each 5ml of oral suspension contains 100mg Ibuprofen and maltitol liquid